Radiology SA has a reputation as a leader in Interventional Radiology Services in SA. The specialty interventional radiologists in our group offer interventional services to all of the Radiology SA sites, particularly Calvary North Adelaide, Calvary Central Districts, Flinders Private Hospital and The Memorial Hospital.
Our interventional radiologists also provide services to our contract sites including the Lyell McEwan Hospital and Cairns Hospital. Many of our doctors have appointments at SA teaching hospitals such as the RAH, FMC, TQEH and WCH.
Services provided include, but are not limited to:
- Lumbar puncture
- Epidural, facet and medial branch injections
- Biopsy and vertebroplasty
General biopsy, aspiration and drainage procedures
Therapeutic joint injections
- Aspiration and therapeutic steroid injection
- PICC lines
- Dialysis catheter placement
Vascular and lymphatic
- IVC filter placement and removal
- Management of vascular malformations including embolisation and sclerotherapy
- Arterial embolisation
- Ureteric stenting
- Gonadal vein embolisation
- Assessment of erectile dysfunction
- Biliary drainage and stenting
Needle placement for steroid injection around a lumbar nerve root (L) and placement of infusaport for therapy (R).
Selective catheterisation of gonadal vein (L), with subsequent embolisation using coils (R).
CT scan of right renal tumour (L), with selective catheterisation pre embolisation (R).